Center for Data Analytics and Research
The Center for Data Analytics Research was launched 15 December 2017 as a result of joint project between ADA University and BP on behalf of its co-venturers (including Azeri-Chirag-Gunashli, Baku-Tbilisi-Ceyhan, Shah Deniz, and South Caucasus Pipeline – SOCAR, TPAO, PETRONAS, Chevron, LUKOIL, NICO, Statoil, Inpex, ExxonMobil, SGC, Itochu, ONGC, TOTAL, ENI).
The mission of the CeDAR Center is to provide science-based knowledge and experience to a wide variety of technical and non-technical users and industries to help them better understand the usage and maximize the value of their operational data. The Center is expected to increase the external visibility of opportunities derived from data mining and analytics and attract closer partnerships with industry. The close partnership with industry will serve multiple purposes:
- Share experience with industry on the development of state-of-the-art data analysis technologies and promote joint research projects;
- Provide opportunities to students to be involved in state-of-the-art computing;
- Develop undergraduate and graduate academic programs in related areas including: Web/Text Mining, Natural Language Processing, Data Visualization, Large-Scale Data Processing, Distributed Computing;
- Support internships and employment opportunities for students in companies doing data-driven business;
- Organize annual scientific conferences and workshops/seminars to bring together industry and researchers in the field of data analytics.